Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Society of Simpletons

Wiser's, the venerable Canadian distiller from Prescott, has a series of commercials, you've seen them, that suggest that being an uncompromising gentleman requires one to be somewhat insecure and uncultured.  According to Wiser's one shouldn't like art, electric knives or dressing to match your significant other (ok, I will give them that last one).  But, I like art and go to art galleries with women all the time, when they actually want to, and found its a great way to score some points.  I also think I am a pretty good cook and I have, and do, use an electric knife when it is the best tool for a job.

Now, I have tasted Wiser's (bleh) and I thought maybe I would give a little advice to Wiser's marketing department: perhaps come up with commercials that focus on your product.  You could say something like we make booze, we think its ok and you should try it on the rocks, or with soda, or maybe in a whiskey sour or Manhattan.  If this doesn't lift sales, perhaps you could do something like, I don't know, improve the quality of your product?

By the way, if you're man enough, you hold a woman's purse and dare anyone to say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment