Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30 Minute Meals

I am not a fan of Rachel Ray, I think I made that clear.  Her show, 30 Minute Meals, is an exercise in the ridiculous.  I can't stand the show or her.  I am, however, a fan of Jamie Oliver for several reasons.  And now, if you need ideas for meals in 30 minutes or less, Food Network Canada has Jamie's Meals in Minutes.

This show has everything I like in a show about food, in that it IS a show about food.  It is not just a recipe show, but a how-to show featuring food.  Oliver's unique presentation style is also fun to watch.  You will also find some new ingredients along with the information needed to cook with them.  His food is what every family should try to cook for their family: simple, flavourful and attainable.

The Food Network needs more shows like this, perhaps the producer could be recruited to develop Canadian shows for the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment